{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Half-Way Mark

Hello 20 weeks! I can hardly believe how this pregnancy is flying by and how smooth it has been so far! I'm so grateful!



Here are a few highlights thus far:

How we found out: It was a few days before Christmas and I noticed my period was late. This would have only been the 3rd period I had since having Brooklyn and I really believed that maybe I was a little off because I was nursing so much. However I tested anyway and much to my surprise-it was positive! It took several weeks for me to wrap my mind around being pregnant because it was such a shock and I was really nervous considering past issues. Now-we are nothing but thrilled! 

Gender: We had a sonogram at 16 weeks and it's a BOY! Everything looked great and he seemed to be developing just as he should.

Name: Easton James Crouse

Nursery: Maddie is going to move into Brooklyn's room and we are going to turn Easton's room into a sports nursery. It totally fits since his daddy is a coach and his mommy loves baseball so much. (hence the name Easton which is a name brand in baseball sports equipment!) I found some really cute bedding at babies r us and I can't wait to decorate with Ranger's gear, a wood bat I got at the Louisville Slugger museum, and a shadow box that holds his daddy's college soccer jersey!

How I'm feeling: I felt awful for a solid 12 weeks. I never got sick but was constantly nauseated and gagged all the time. I have had terrible heartburn and restless nights. But now, Im starting to feel better. I don't have as much 2nd trimester energy as I have had with my past pregnancies, but I blame that on having two children all ready. (one of which-is barely a one year old!) My thyroid has gotten off several times, which is to be expected, so that can make me feel drained. But once my medicine is adjusted, I typically feel better!

Cravings: A lot of healthy food....salads, grilled chicken, fresh fruit and veggies! At times, I crave something sweet or a cherry vanilla coke from Sonic (which is rare for me considering I hardly ever drink caffeine). Fast food is pretty much a turn-off to me!

Weight gain: At my last appointment, I had gained back the 3 pounds I originally lost, putting me back at my pre-pregnancy weight. It's all uphill from here but Im so excited to be 20 weeks and so much smaller than I ever was with my girls. If I can end this pregnancy, gaining less than 40 pounds, I will be thrilled!

No comments: