{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day!!

Today was the first day of Kindergarten for our Maddie girl (insert GASP here!) and things went really well! I spent last night setting out everyone's clothes, filling out last minute paperwork and making sure her backpack was in order! I was exhausted but couldn't sleep and neither could Maddie. She was nervous and, though she went to bed early, she didn't fall asleep till late. She told us she was "just thinking about school"! :) I finally fell asleep only to wake up at 4:30 (and stay up....blah). At 6, Jaime's alarm went off and I tip-toed into the girls room and woke up Maddie. She laid in the chair for a few minutes but once her breakfast was ready, she perked up and started going through the morning routine. We woke the babies up at a later time and by 7:20, everyone was ready to go! We left early this morning because traffic can be nuts. We parked and walked Maddie into her class. We did a few "parent" things, took pictures and gave hugs/kisses. She didn't cling to us but went right to it. I was grateful! When we got back home, Jaime left for work and I fed breakfast to Easton who still hadn't eaten. Yes....my eyes watered a few times and I felt "out of sorts" for most of the day. I stayed busy though and thought of her often! We left early for pick-up too. By the time school released and our car slowly moved up to the front, I was more than ready to see my girl! I heard them call for Madison Crouse and sure enough, out she came and a teacher helped her into our car! We were all so glad to see her and enjoyed listening to her stories for the next few hours! She had a great day! Now, everyone is fed, cleaned and things are once again laid out for tomorrow. We will rise and shine early, make my big girl her lunch for school and start the day all over!










No comments: