{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

36 week update

It's been hard times this past week (really this past month) around our house! Sickness has had us down and out in some form for quite a while and I am so ready for it to move on. It started 3-4 weeks ago when Jaime and I both were dealing with a sinus infection. We are still a little congested, even today, and I am on my second round of antibiotics. Then this past week; Maddie, myself and Jaime all caught a terrible stomach virus. I called my mom to come take Brooklyn away from all our germs and she literally swooped her up out of her crib and was out the door while I was throwing up in the bathroom. It was awful!! Maddie and Jaime began to heal slowly but since I was pregnant, the virus did nothing but completely dehydrate me and cause me to contract. Jaime was so sick he couldn't even take me to the hospital, so my mom picked me up and dropped me off at Mother Francis. It's not my plan to deliver there, but since Im still slightly preterm and they have the NICU, I decided to go there just in case. I spent several hours in a triage room. I did blood work, got bags of fluid, nausea medicine, pain medicine and was put on the fetal monitor. I was really hurting and contracting quite a bit and while I was at the hospital dilated from a 1/2 to a 2/3. They decided to admit me and continue with the fluids and watch my labor...not intending to stop it or encourage it either way. I rested some during the night but not much. The virus seemed to be gone by morning but I was completely worn out. However, there was no need to keep me any longer so I was able to go home to rest and continue rehydrating. Today, I feel a little better but am convinced that at this point-having a baby is the only thing that will help me start getting back to normal with my body. I am SO uncomfortable and am having a hard time getting any rest. To top that off, Maddie went straight from stomach issues to a horribly swollen and infected eye (pink eye) and Brooklyn has started a bad cough and runny nose. Im telling you....it just never ends. We wash clothes, hands and everything else we can sanitize all day long it seems. I am trying to not get sick again knowing that I could go into labor ANYDAY at this point. Ugh! Please pray that we can all get back to 100% and bring Easton home to a healthy household. I want this delivery and time with him to be easy and enjoyable, filled with friends and family and not sickness!

In other news, I am 36 weeks today and other than our past few weeks of sickness, this pregnancy really has been a breeze! At my last check, I was between a 2-3 and 50% effaced. Since being sick, my contractions have certainly jumped up to the next level and when I have them-they are more painful versus just uncomfortable. I have another doctor's appointment on Friday and I continue to pray that things are smooth from here on out!

No comments: