{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baby Update

Jaime and I went to see my doctor yesterday for the first time since being discharged from the hospital. She was on vacation last week so it was another doctor within the practice that actually made the call to release me. Needless to say, when she walked into the room, she was pretty surprised! She told us that she made her hospital rounds on Monday morning and looked everywhere for me. When she realized I was gone, she just knew it was because I had delivered so she then proceeded to look for Brooklyn in the NICU. At the time, she had not spoken with her partner doctor so was very confused. Finally, a nurse told her that I had been released STILL PREGNANT. I've never seen a doctor so pleased that her patient had made it to such a great place after such a battle. She told us that since I was now over 34 weeks, labor would no longer be stopped, and when things started to kick up again-she would allow me to deliver. She also said that she felt really great about Brooklyn since we got the steroid shots in and felt like we had bought ourself a lot of time and a huge reward by fighting off labor for those two weeks. It hasn't been uncommon for me to breathe through contractions that are 3 minutes apart, for maybe an hour or two. So we discussed other signs I should be watching for as indicators that it's time to head back to the hospital. Im still dilated to a 3 and couldn't imagine going too much longer, but I suppose crazier things have happened, so just in case.....she will induce at 38 weeks. I am so ready for this little girl to get here, and truthfully, sooner rather than later. Im praying for a smooth delivery and as pain free as possible (YES, I want my epidural!), especially since I've been through so much discomfort already.
Come on Baby Brooklyn! Let's finish this!

No comments: