{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Pregnancy Update

I had a sonogram this week to take a peek at Brooklyn. This is, what is now considered, a routine follow-up based on the condition with her umbilical cord insertion. My doctor is watching us both very closely to ensure that everything goes well. Thankfully, the sonogram showed that she is putting on her much needed weight and is really looking great! However, in the process of checking in on Brooklyn, the tech noticed that my cervix was beginning to shorten. She asked me a lot of questions about any changes or contractions. Actually, for several days I had been having some pretty consistent Braxton Hicks and lower achiness in my back. It's obviously doing some things to my body and preparing myself for delivery a little sooner than it should. The doctor ordered a test done which will give them a better indication on if my body is tying to go into labor or not. Until we get those results back, she's put me on temporary bed rest to try and take it easy. Hopefully, the test comes back saying great things. As much as I enjoy not going to work, bed rest is actually pretty miserable. It's hard for me to limit myself so much and just lay around. However, if it keeps Brooklyn in just a little longer-then I'll 100% do it! I am extremely ready to meet her and really believe that she will probably come earlier than her due date. As long as she is healthy though and not in any danger, Im completely fine with that! Keep praying for this little girl. We have come so far!

No comments: